Family friendly camping & glamping site in Pembrokeshire, South West Wales.
Famed for it’s stunning coastline, Pembrokeshire boasts the only coastal national park in the UK.
Relaxed, dog friendly site, perfect for exploring Pembrokeshire and close to the popular beaches of Tenby, Manorbier, Barafundle and Freshwater East.
If you are looking for low key, relaxed camping beside the Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park then this could be the campsite for you. We’re a working farm so expect to see livestock enjoying the lush grasses in surrounding fields.
We like to offer plenty of space, after all this is what good camping is all about! There are no allocated pitches and we’ll help find you the best location for your stay with us. We ask guests to only drive onto the fields for loading and unloading at the beginning and end of their stay to keep the grass from getting muddy or dusty and allows for free range children, especially in the centre of the fields so there is still plenty of space for games and picnics to sprawl out.
All of our pitches are grass, there are no hard surface pitches so we do advise that it is not suitable for heavy motorhomes and caravans that may struggle getting in and out of the site if the ground is wet.
We are a dog friendly campsite and like people friendly dogs kept on leads. You can’t have all this open countryside and miles of beautiful coastline without sharing it with your best pal!
Just half a mile though our fields is Lamphey village which despite having fewer than 300 residents, boasts a pub, two restaurants and a garage with a general store. Lamphey has a train station and good bus links to nearby Tenby, Pembroke, Manorbier and Narberth. Lamphey is home to the ruins of a medieval bishops palace and Georgian mansion which is now a hotel, restaurant and spa.
Large pitches and plenty of space
Electric hook up pitches
Camping just 3 miles from the coast and close to Tenby
A Great Base To Explore Pembrokeshire
What Do You Get When You Camp With Us?
Situated on the edge of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Dewslake Campsite is spread over several acres and is a perfect location for exploring the nearby beaches of Freshwater East, Manorbier and Barafundle or walking the award winning Coastal Path if you’re into adventuring or sightseeing.
If you’re into chilling out with a good book and a glass of wine, we have plenty of tranquil spaces for you just outside your tent and in our nature area too.
We pride ourselves on being as green and natural as possible, the fields go back to being a farm in winter and with your help we aim to recycle everything that we can. We’re adding to our hedgerows, The Peace Garden and nature area to provide spaces for wildlife to flourish and you somewhere to reconnect with nature, letting the stresses of the modern world slip away.
We care about our environment and won our first award for sustainability back in 2014.
What We Offer:
- Electric hook up grass pitches suitable for tents, campervans and caravans
- Non electric pitches suitable for tents, campervans and caravans
- Large pitches and plenty of space
- Eleven toilets in total, some segregated by gender but most are in single units.
- 8 showers and a family shower with individual changing areas included in the pitch price
- Kitchen with 1 fridge and 3 freezers, sinks, kettles and microwave included in pitch price
- Cooking kits for 4 or 6 people available to hire with bell tents and cabins
- All water taps have potable water and are spread across the site and camping fields
- Rubbish and segregated recycling collection
- Campfires allowed in raised fire pits ( a limited number available to hire onsite)
- Cut logs and kindling sold onsite
- BBQ’s permitted
- Pets allowed on leads in the camping fields
- Just 3 miles from the coast and close to Tenby
- Village Pub within walking distance
- Good public transport links from Lamphey
Glamping Cabins and Bell tents
The freedom of camping, the comfort of glamping
This really is comfortable camping! If you fancy experiencing the great outdoors without pitching up or lugging all the gear around, the Bunkhouse cabins and bell tents at Dewslake Farm are the perfect choice for you.
Each cabin and tent has mains electricity and comes with lights, heater and power sockets. Simple cooking utensils and cooking facilities are available to hire, making sure that you can be self-sufficient if you wish.
Cabins are double glazed, fully insulated and are warm and cosy at night. A safe bet if the weather forecast is looking unpredictable or if you fancy a trip outside of the summer season. Handcrafted on the farm by a local carpenter, each cabin has a mezzanine double bed and the option for 2 childrens beds, perfect for cosy couples or a family of 4.
Our spacious five meter bell tent or 6 meter circus tent provides you with a cosy space to enjoy. To add to your comfort during evenings each tent has a double bed, easy seating beanbags plus 2 optional childrens beds (4 for the circus tent) which can also be used as seating.
Outside your cabin or tent is a fire pit/BBQ and a picnic bench.
Facilities on site
- Electric hook up pitches
- Non electric pitches
- 2 toilet blocks with eleven toilets in total
- 8 showers with individual changing areas plus a family shower (no additional charges)
- Kitchen with a fridges and 3 freezers, washing up sink, kettle and microwave (no charge)
- Water taps spread across our camping fields
- BBQ’s permitted and campfires allowed in raised fire pits (we have a limited number available to hire onsite)
- Cut logs and kindling sold onsite
- Pets allowed on leads
- Village pub within walking distance
- Good public transport links from Lamphey
Festivals and Events
Camper Van Live Lounge
26th and 27th May 2023
Enjoy a weekend of music in the meadow at Dewslake listening to superb live music.
Tickets from £16.96
Growing Wild Children’s Festival at Dewslake Farm Campsite
9th September 2023
A fun-filled day for children in the great outdoors.
Included in the ticket price will be the opportunity to take part in craft, nature and music workshops. Details of activities will be announced soon!
We will have live music and entertainment throughout the day and into the early evening, as well as food and retail stalls.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information and updates on what’s going on. We will have more updates in the Summer
The Rowan Tree Cafe
Closed for the season after the 6th November 2022 but will be open for pop-up breakfasts and events throughout the winter.
Details of events and contact information on their facebook page – The Rowan Tree Cafe at Dewslake
Where to find us?
Dewslake Farm The Ridgeway, Lamphey, Pembrokeshire SA71 5PB
51° 40′ 13″ N 04° 51′ 24″ W
T: 01646 672139 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
What3words : Fuzz. Dogs. Intruders.
- Travelling west on the A477 from St Clears
- At Milton (village just after the Carew roundabout) turn left onto Stephen’s Green
- At the T junction turn right onto The Ridgeway towards Lamphey/Pembroke
- Before reaching Lamphey village on the left hand side just after Dewslake Bridge (small stone bridge) is the entrance to Dewslake Farm.
- From Pembroke High Street (one way system) take the second exit at the roundabout (straight on) past the railway station.
- As you reach Lamphey, take the road left on the bend by the Hotel and go straight on past the Dial Inn.
- Go to the outskirts of the village and as you pass a small sign on the left for Lamphey Walled Garden, indicate right and start to slow down.
- We are just passed the blind bend so be careful as you turn.
Beautiful location! The toilets and showers are cleaned regularly and the staff helpful. Surfing beaches and amazing coves all within a few minutes drive. I was in a camper van but they cater for all requirements. There is use of a kitchen with kettle, freezer and washing up. I felt safe as a solo camper.. which is important!
Family friendly campsite I stayed here with 3 children in a tent with no hook up. Upon arrival you're greeted by very friendly staff and given a band to attach to your tent. I was given a choice of three fields and opted for 'B'. All fields are quite large with ample space for children to play and make friends. You are allowed to drive to your pitch and set up but then are encouraged to park your car in the car park. There are a number of picnic benches in each field which are first come first served so if you see one that isn't next to s tent, grab it! There are 5 hot showers (separate cubicles) in the block but also a power shower in the gents toilet block. They are cleaned twice daily but obviously can get dirty with grass and mud. It's a good base to use for exploring Pembrokeshire no matter what you're into. There is an onsite vegan/vegetarian cafe serving food from 9am but you do have to book for evening meals. The cafe is small but the food is tasty. Our only regret was not hiring or bringing our own firepit. We will be returning again next year.
Brilliant campsite with super friendly and accommodating staff. We stayed 5 nights in a bell tent at the end of June with our 5 yr old and 2 yr old boys. Our eldest is autistic and they were so thoughtful and considerate of his needs. From taking us up to the tent to bringing him their dog to say hello to and then goodbye to when we were leaving. Highly recommended Dewslake and we’ll definitely be back. 5 stars
wow what can i say about this campsite. well nothing bad, -friendly helpful staff. -best hot and powerful showers I've had on a campsite. -lovely facilities including kitchen with fridge freezer to use -wonderful restaurant with amazing vege vegan dishes --- highly recommended! beautiful pithches generous in size with good electric supply. all in all superb! we will be back